The month long Singapore Food Festival started back in 1994 and it is organised annually by the Singapore Tourism Board.
The famous festival aims at celebrating local foods that portrays Singapore as a country rich with food diversity.
Singapore Food Festival 2017 – Street Food, Dates & Location
STREAT is is the main event of the Singapore Food Festival where you can taste a range of Singapore’s favourite dishes as well as a twist on some modern favourites. Entry to STREAT is free and patrons need only pay for the food they purchase.
Fancy a slice of nostalgia? The ’50 Cents Fest!’ at Chinatown Food Street and ‘One Farrer’s Food Street’ are throwbacks to a history Singaporean food and its timeless local delights. You will also find a number of top international chefs who come to this event to show their skills. For the best variety of food options, head to Tippling Club and Open Stoves by Timbre+. There are also cooking lessons available where you can pick up some cooking tips and tricks from those in the know!
The 2017 event dates are listed as follows:
- 14 — 15 July 2017: STREAT. Clifford Square (beside Fullerton Bay Hotel) between 5pm-10.30pm. Admission is free.
- 9 June — 31 July: ION Orchard Culinary Creations 2017
- 1 — 31 July: Heritage Town Festival by Kim Choo
- 29 — 30 July: The 50 Cents Fest: Those Years 那些年 by Chinatown Food Street
- 22 — 23 July: Singapore Tea Festival 2017 by 1872 Clipper Tea Co.
- 28 — 30 July: Open Stoves by Timbre+
- 16 July: Hawker Spotlight
- 15th, 22nd & 29th July: Kueh Pairing Workshop Series by Rainbow Lapis
- 14 — 30 July: Launch of Singapore-inspired bottled cocktails by Sunday Punch
Make sure to bring a healthy appetite to the festival so that you can enjoy all that is on offer. If you are looking for accommodation during this event, click the link below for the best deals.